Saturday, April 14, 2012

This is how you crash a party

You know, I’ve heard of wedding crashers – but this takes the cake.

You can read the rest of the article HERE – but here is the pertinent S&B Ref -

Champagne and fireworks

Despite expecting just ice and isolation, Mr Wood said he arrived at the pole and immediately "gatecrashed" a wedding.

"At the South Pole there's an American base, but at the North there's just ice," he said.

"But when I arrived [Norwegian explorer] Borge Ousland was getting married. He had 20 or 30 people at the North pole, flown in by helicopter.

"When I arrived Borge Ousland walked over to me and said congratulations.

"I ended up having some champagne and mulled wine, and afterwards there were fireworks."

wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics