Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Whisky and Food

I love food, and I LOVE Whisky – so THIS ARTICLE fits right into my wheelhouse.

Here are a few snippets -

“The most sublime pairing I can think of is a delicately fresh, fleshy oyster with a few drops of Laphroaig 10 Year Old Cask Strength. Another unforgettable combination is a Glenfarclas 40 Year Old with an aged (for at least four years) Gouda cheese. For something completely different, try roasted pineapple served with a long peppercorn ice-cream and Glenlivet Nadurra.”

“And don’t try to pair smoky whiskies with smoked foods – as the strong flavors clash terribly.”

The Oyster/Laphroiag combo sounds AWSOME, as does the Ice-Cream Dish.

I know 44 Stone is on the cutting edge with cooking with beers and pairing whiskys, but I would love to see it going to the next level.

MMMMMM…..Now I’m hungry and thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics