Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Quick Hits Vol 5

Been awhile since I snuck one of these in there, so here we go -

tptGuyTonight we went to Murry’s in CoMO for Dinner. Normally I go there for lunch, because they have some great burgers and its not to crowded.  This time we opted for dinner…and I had arguably one of the best steaks I have had in awhile.  Great Calamari as well.  While they have an above average Wine Selection, please improve the Scotch List.  Also, updating the website does wonders…..if the data stays old, people won’t return.  Food was a solid 4 stars, drinks were maybe a 2.

On the Cigar Front, Ted’s Cigars  has some great new hitting the market.  First, the New RHUM Aged Rum Cigars have hit the market and I can’t wait to get mine.  79

Second, their flagship product just got better (IMO) with the latest edition to the Maker's Mark Bourbon Cigar family. The 5x62 torpedo is referred to as the chubby cousin to the Original Maker's Mark 650, and I’m happy to see them hit the market.  Now I can have a quality flavored cigar, with more flavor that is generally associated with the stouter cigars.  Great Job guys.

From the Telegraph in the UK -

Nearly two thirds (61 per cent) of adults said drinking was their top choice after a stressful day, while just over a quarter (28 per cent) said spending time with their children helped them relax and 26 per cent opted for talking with their partner.

No Shit….tell me something I don’t know.  I like the headline – People drink to counter that ‘Glass have empty feeling’.  Ummmm, if the glass is half empty…..fill it up again.

Since this is a short posting week….I will close with something I think we already knew-  Adults in Washington DC abuse alcohol more than anyone else in the country…..are also frequent pot and coke users.  It must be great to be king.

Look for more things this week as I clear my backlog.  I have Tequila, Rum, Cigar and Beer reviews coming….so stay tuned.

Cheers – Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics