Thursday, June 2, 2011

Beer Painting markets to kids?????

Hahhahahahaha – Today is turing out so great.  I never thought I would ever be able to link a WND.com article to S&B, but now I got my chance. 

Having visited Poland, this doesn’t surprise me that much, although I had hoped things had changed considerably in 15 years.  I guess not.   It also sounds like Germany is taking a turn for the worse with free speech issues, especially when “Leck mich am Arsch,” has been deemed an official “Insult”.  Man, I wish I had $5 for every time someone told me that one….I might have been able to cover my beer money.

To Michal Oginski…..I love the painting.  Keep up the great work.

Cheers.

Beer painting could land artist in the can

paintingWho'da thunk that painting a supermarket shelf full of beer would be cause to throw someone into the can?

The threat of imprisonment is facing Michal Oginski, a 25-year-old artist whose latest work is causing a big hiccup with authorities in Cieszyn, Poland.

According to the Austrian Times, police have seized his canvas, claiming the work violates the country's tough laws on alcohol advertising and might encourage young people to start drinking.

"I was told by police that my work corrupts youth and promotes alcoholism," Oginski told the paper. "But it's just a painting of some beer cans. It's part of a series of paintings depicting supermarket products. I've got others of washing powder and sugar. There's nothing sinister or corrupting about it."

Oginski has sought legal counsel from a local lawyer who is dumbfounded by the jail threat.

"This is absurd and I've never heard of such a ridiculous law," attorney Beata Lejman said. "Are they going to confiscate Rembrandt's pictures which show casks of wine?"

Kazmierz Plus, the city's police chief, was quoted as saying: "I don't make up the law. I just uphold it. And this painting breaks the Act of Sobriety Upbringing law, which is universally binding."

Read more: Beer painting could land artist in the can http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=305933#ixzz1O7kw7DO0

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics