Friday, April 1, 2011

Beer….is there anything it can’t do?

I almost thought this was an April Fools joke, especially since my wife told me horses don’t burb.  But I found the source story here that ran on the 31st…..so, it COULD be real.

XXXX beer brings horse back from the dead after bout of colic  
IT sounds like a load of XXXX but beer saved this horse's life.

Diamond Mojo, a six-year-old Australian waler, had been given up for dead by his owner Steve Clibborn after being struck down with a bout of potentially deadly colic, reported The Courier-Mail.

So, as desperate men do in desperate times, Steve turned to the bottle not for himself, but for his horse.

"I had pretty much kissed him goodbye," he said.

"I had spent 23 hours straight with him but nothing worked and then I remembered an old bush tale that said you could feed them beer.

"I don't know whether I really believed it or not but it was worth a shot and as soon as he had that beer, he burped and perked right up. So I gave him another couple."

Over the following days, Steve repeated the dose using Queensland's own XXXX lager until his prized endurance horse rediscovered his mojo.

Colic is a medical problem common in humans and horses resulting in acute abdominal pain, which can be caused by factors such as stress.

Diamond Mojo had an unrelated leg injury that could have triggered the ailment.

Colic is often fatal to horses and opinion is divided on how it can best be treated. But Steve thinks he is on to a winner with the nectar of the gods.

"It bloody well worked," he said. "I am not sure of the science behind it, but because it's gassy it can give them some relief in their stomachs.

"He ended up taking quite a shine to XXXX so I had to get him off the grog or he was going to cost me a fortune."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/xxxx-beer-brings-horse-back-from-the-dead-after-bout-of-colic/story-e6frfkvr-1226031785112#ixzz1IHX5HdqF

615354-horse-drinks-beer

2 comments:

  1. You've just lost all credibility. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Is beer good for you

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics