Sunday, March 27, 2011

Only in America

Ok, I normally don’t post many articles on Marijuana smoking on the blog.  It’s not that I don’t believe it should be legalized (I do), it’s just that it doesn’t fit my lifestyle and I usually only back what I know.

What I do know is that is a ridiculous miscarriage of justice.

Meet County Attorney Kit Bramblett and Judge Becky Dean-Walker of West Texas.

They are willing to waive possession charges against Willie Nelson if he pleads guilty, pays a fine AND sings “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain” in court.

Seriously?  If it wasn’t the 27th, I swear this was an April Fools Joke.

Not only is she forcing him to appear on a misdemeanor charge (which is normally handled via a mail-in pleading), but she wants a private concert because “She wants to meet Willie”.  This sounds like the judge meting out punishment to her personal gain.  This is one of those cases that should get her reprimanded (although I think dismissed from the bench) and Kit should be disbarred.  There is no justice, just “the Man” shaking someone down because they are famous.

Thoughts?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7491674.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics