Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Washington Apple (Recipe and Review)

Ok, this one has been a long time in coming, partly because I lost the napkin it was written on.  I’ve now found it (although it is in about the same shape as the Shroud of Turin) and wanted to pass this along.

On Super Bowl Sunday, Simon and I were in KC in preparation for a staff meeting that week.  We had started watching the game at our Hotel Bar, but we were eventually cut off (That is a whole other Blog Post in itself & I swear we were nowhere close)…so we headed down the street to The Cheesecake Factory.

Now, I knew of the CCF for it’s food, but I had never tried their bar…even though it gets some great quotes in the movie Step Brothers -

Dale- Would it be cool if Brennan and I opened just one present each... ...since it's Christmas Eve?

Robert/Dad- I'm gonna go down to the Cheesecake Factory, have a drink.

Nancy/Mom - But it's Christmas Eve.

Robert/Dad- Merry Christmas.

Next Scene

Nancy/Mom -Well, you reek of Scotch and cheesecake.

Robert/Dad - You know... ...tonight at the Cheesecake Factory was the happiest I've been in months.

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

At the downstairs bar, we got to watch the game and met a great bartender named Chad.  He was engaging and funny, which are signs of a good barman, and not once did he cut us off.  In fact, one of my favorite quotes of the night was “I knew you guys were professional drinkers when you called for an Oban”.

I won’t go into all the drinks we had (I don’t think I can remember them all), but I will point out Chad makes a mean Martini and I also wanted to highlight his signature drink –

SAM_0075The Washington Apple

1.5 oz Crown Royal

1.25 oz Sour Apple Pucker

.5 oz Cranberry Juice

2 oz Apple Cider

.25 oz Cherry Syrup

As you can see it’s a layered drink and served over ice in a tall glass.  It really does taste like a Washington Apple and personally give it 5 Stars.

It’s not on the menu (as of yet), but I am sure Chad would whip you up one in a heartbeat.  Just swing by The Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza in KC and tell him Smokes & Booze sent ya.

Ed Note- To the Management of The Cheesecake Factory – I do want to point out that you staff in KC is excellent (not just the food).  If other Restaurants and Bars paid as much attention to the customers as you team did to us, the world would be a better place.  Great Job and keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics