Sunday, September 5, 2010

Worlds Oldest Beer Update

MORE on the post WORLDS OLDEST BEER AND CHAMPAGNE FOUND.

In THIS article, they have video of the site AND they show them trying it (I knew someone would)

What I can say is that it's a dark beer because when the bottle broke I had to handle it and got the fluid on my fingers. It felt natural to taste the droplets. There was some bitterness mixed with sweetness but it was certainly a beer scent and taste. Perhaps not a beer I would buy since I prefer light beer. But it's totally fantastic.

What surprised me is that it was still carbonated and foamed.  Most old beers were rather flat, and when you brew, you add priming sugar to keep the yeast going and start carbonation.  Here it is 200 years later, and its still going.  WOW.

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics