Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Sad day

Today I learned that one of my favorite stores in Columbia has closed.

Tinderbox/Vino 100 has apparently finally closed shop. 

I’ve known Kevin since he first opened and he was the only shop in that building (or it seemed like it). 

We attended some great tastings (I’ll never forget the Gin one), events (Curly and Bourbon and BBQ event was awesome, and to think I first met Randy W. there) and even won a great prize (the Humidor is mine) while smoking cigars with a Playboy Playmate.

His smoking lounge was a great place to relax and was the location of Brian’s bachelor party.

Kevin really had an impact on CoMO, from fighting the Smoking Ban…to raising the stakes on how a Cigar Shop should be run, leading to the Nostalgia Shop uping it’s game.

He introduced quality scotch to Columbia….and the shop will be sorely missed.

Thanks Kevin for some great memories.

2 comments:

  1. I was a long time customer and will miss The Tinderbox. Good luck to Kevin on your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed this last week when I tried to pop in for some Baltika beer, as they are the only store in town I new that carried it. And I miss those leather couches already.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics