Thursday, December 3, 2009

50th Blog Post and a Contest




Well...I never thought I would get here. I figured I would get bored with blogging (you should see my work blog) and give it up.

Instead, I have had fun with writing about something I enjoy.

In chatting with Randy today, he gave me an idea.

To commemorate the occasion of the 50th Post, we will have a contest. Just go into the comments section and post the oddest name of a pub you have been to. Links are appreciated.

The prize is currently secret, but pretty cool.

Post away, and thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. Cheshire Cheese http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_Olde_Cheshire_Cheese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would have to be "The Rat and Parrot in Bath England (Although the Rat Hole in Montserrat, MO would be a close second)

    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SUNA&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+rat+and+parrot+in+bath+england&fb=1&gl=us&hq=the+rat+and+parrot&hnear=bath+england&cid=1263258128076638713

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I was looking through my London pictures and found two more....

    Ye Old Cock and the Freemason's Arm

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Big Dick's Halfway Inn". I stopped there a couple of times when I was delivering medical supplies. Decent burgers, though I never tried their famous "minnow shot" because I was both working and driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget the name of the bar, but here is a link to the dustiest bar I have ever been to.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7254471@N02/4156317890/
    I think it was staffed by Canadians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been to Big Dicks! (Home of the original minnow shot at the lake)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richar Noggins - Closed now, but a real dive bar at the lake. It was a great play on words!

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics